Central PA VMUG | August 2022
VMware Explore is always one of the premiere Technology Events every year. Here is a collection of links and tips to some of the activities that I would attend and enjoy.
- I always tried to attend the Keynotes to learn about new product announcements and to hear the direction that VMware was going.
- I attended a lot of sessions. See list of sessions that I would enjoy.
- I would do Hands on Labs that were not available to do anytime. There are some HOLs that are available only during the conference and there are VMware people to help you with the labs.
- If you are a TAM customer, there are sessions dedicated to TAM customers.
- Go to the Expo Area. You can always talk to VMware Engineers at the booths in the Expo Area and watch demos. A lot of Vendors in the Expo Area.
- I would allows attend some of the vBrownbag Tech Talks. The Tech Talks were a 10 - 15 minute presentation.
- Watch for Vendor Parties. They are always fun and drinks | food are always free. The Veeam party in the past was always one of the better parties.
- See a McLaren F1 car in person, experience the speed of F1 in a fun simulator and learn how VMware helps McLaren F1 accelerate innovation.
VMware Explore Sessions:
- If your schedule gives you some free time there is a lot of cool stuff to do and see in the SanFrancisco area.
- If you are a baseball fan the stadium where the Giants play is an awesome facility.
- One year I rented a bike and rode across the Golden Gate Bridge. That was a fun experience.
- To rent a car and go see the Red Wood trees was fun.
The vRealize Suite is updated quarterly and the SaaS version is now updated monthly. To see BIG announcements at VMware Explore probably will not happen, BUT you never know…